Some morsels for your Monday:
1. In case you missed it, I took Bill Strickland's Sitting-in Blog for spin on Friday over at Bicycling Magazine. If you like it, leave some feedback--I'd love to get invited back for more!
And while I'm tooting my own horn, hopefully you've been following my "Franco-Belge" story at Embrocation. Part 4 went live last week; the final segment will follow soon. Many of you asked for more tales from my days with Mercury-Viatel; this was a direct result of your requests.
2. And yes, in case you didn't know, I possess a soft spot for Eddy Merckx framesets. I've ridden several of them in the past--all before he sold his majority stake in the company. In an era of "What have you done for me lately?", I think there's something to be said for brand-loyalty--especially when the brand is a legend in its own right.
There are actually several places on the web where you can share your particular brand-love with like-minded souls. Gem runs a site called Bianchista where he expresses his lust for bikes, products, and of course, all things Bianchi.
A bit more of a focused appreciation--this time for DeRosa fans--comes from Germany via Bikeadelic. A stunning homage!
As for more recent brands, IF's been posting a slew of photos from their IF Owner's Club. I've had one of these in the past, and hope to again one day.
And what about Merckx? Do you know of a particular fan site or blog celebrating the Cannibal's bikes and frames? If you do, please share it with the rest of us.
3. Rapha's been adding more and more footage from this summer's Continental Calling over the past several weeks. I'll be sure to let you know when the ride we hosted gets the full treatment, but for now, enjoy this. While I love the fall, it kinda makes me miss summertime.
4. And speaking of gravel roads, Cyclingnews posted an article with one of my heroes, Michele Bartoli, discussing the gravel roads in next year's Giro. It sounds like it will be quite dramatic--perhaps even more so than the pavé included in the 2010 Tour de France.
5. And finally, here's a fabulous photo brought to my attention via Twitter. The caption says it all.
What about you? What's new and exciting in your neck of the woods?
Share your comments below!