Thursday, March 19, 2009

Via Roma...



To be honest, while I appreciate the history of this race, it’s never really sparked my passion. For me, it just seems a bit too predictable. Don’t get me wrong, Cancellara’s attack last year was terrific; I love to see the sprinters team’s foiled on the Via Roma. What about the distance? Yes, 294 km is a lot, but I was there in 2001 and I can honestly say that for most riders the first 200 km of the race is nothing more than a stiff-tempo’ed training ride. (Not you, Will Frischkorn!)

That said, my riders for Saturday are (in no particular order): Petacchi, Hushvod, Haussler, Hincapie, and Rebellin.

No disrespect to La Classicisma, that’s just my two cents. Please share your opinions with the rest of us!

1 comment:

  1. Not knowing who's going my picks,either Frischkorn in a long break or one of these Flecha,Hoste,Bennati or Chavenel.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! We'll take a look and add it to the site shortly.